TECHSO (PTY) LIMITED
Techso is a solution-driven company, providing consulting engineering and related services in Transportation, Law, Community Development, Training and Capacity Building and Technology Applications.
Given the nature of our business, we are necessarily involved in the collection and processing of personal information.
Ensuring data privacy and the protection of your personal information is important to us. In the event that we use your personal information, we are committed to ensuring that such use is lawful, reasonable and pursuant to the purpose of our engagements with you, as prescribed by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (Act No. 4 of 2013).
This policy sets out what personal information we collect from you when you make use of our services, how we collect your personal information, the purpose of collecting such personal information and how we use your personal information.
2. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information refers to information relating to an identifiable person (including individuals and organisations). This includes information about your name, contact details, including your phone number, email address and physical address.
We collect your personal information in order to provide, maintain and improve the provision of our services. This includes collecting information to:
(1) Establish and verify your identity and business operations, including those processes which may be required from us by law or good business practice;
(2) provide the services that you request of us;
(3) demonstrate experience and expertise when we prepare and submit tenders to existing or potential clients;
(4) accomplish any further purpose that is related to providing our services;
(5) communicate with you in the manner in which you prefer, including via email, SMS, social media platforms or telephonically;
(6) maintain and update our database of clients;
(7) update and inform you about our services and any changes to our services;
(8) perform recruitment and related activities;
(9) conduct market research or client satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
(10) ensure auditing or record keeping practices, as required by law or good business practice;
(11) fulfil any contractual or legal obligation that we may have to you or a third party;
(12) comply with any law or legal request from a recognised body or authority;
(13) ensure that the legitimate purposes of any other activity which may be lawful and reasonable, and which are necessary to our business activities, are upheld.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your information in three ways:
Firstly, we collect your personal information directly from you or your representatives. We may collect information through electronic communication, telephonically, during meetings or events, through related documentation and in general interactions with you or your representatives.
Secondly, we collect your personal information from your electronic profiles, including your website and social media platforms. Information received from your online profiles are generally used for general information purposes and to obtain the information necessary to understand your business activities and vision.
Lastly, we collect your personal information from our affiliates and third-party service providers. This information is used for general information purposes and to supplement information which you have already provided or agreed to provide.
4. HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS KEPT
We may retain your personal information for as long as we continue to provide services to you and thereafter until you request that we delete the personal information that we hold about you.
We may further retain your personal information for as long as we are required by law to do so.
5. DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose your personal information unless it is for purposes set out in this policy or if we have received your permission to do so. We will disclose your personal information:
(1) To our employees, contractors and members to the extent that these parties need your personal information in order for us to provide services to you;
(2) to other affiliates;
(3) to existing and potential clients;
(4) to authorities or governmental agencies in order to comply with any law, regulation or legal process; or
(5) in order to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our employees, contractors, agents, or any other third party.
6. AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND AND CONSENT TO PROCESSING
7. INFORMATION SECURITY
We take care to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected against unauthorised access and use and remains secure.
We may store your personal information at a physical location or by electronic means, including on a cloud-based system. We will take reasonable, appropriate and generally accepted measures to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorised and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
However, we cannot guarantee that the transmission of your personal information, particularly when transmitted electronically, is absolutely secure.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights as they relate to the collection and processing of your personal information:
(1) Access to information: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. A request for such information may be subject to an administrative fee permitted by law. We may also require a copy of your identity or registration documentation for verification purposes.
(2) Right to the correction of information: You have the right to request that we update or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may also require a copy of your identity or registration documentation for verification purposes.
(3) Right to the deletion of information: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we hold about you. We may also require a copy of your identity or registration documentation for verification purposes.
(4) Right to object: You have the right to object to us processing the personal information that we hold about you if you have not consented to the processing, the processing is not necessary to provide our services, or if the consent is not related to a legal purpose or for the discharge of a legal obligation.
(5) Right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to complain if you are concerned about the way in which we collect or process the personal information that we hold about you.
If you are not satisfied with the process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
9. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY